Yes. The litter listing must meet the required standards laid out in the English Shepherd Club’s Breeders’ Requirement and Recommendations (ESC BR&R) document.
- I will do a hip x-ray and submit to a nationally or internationally recognized diagnostic service for evaluation of all my breeding dogs. If a dog has suffered an injury that makes an evaluation impossible, documentation and a vet report will be accepted. I understand that both parents must have hip evaluations before a litter is listed on the ESC website.
- I will test for MDR1 unless my breeding dogs are normal/normal by pedigree. (Normal/normal by pedigree means both parents of the dog have been tested and the results have been recorded within the ESCR database.)
- I will provide documentation of the results of all screening tests of my breeding dogs to the ESC Registry and understand the results will be added to the ESCR database under each dog’s name.
- I am aware that for the ESC website litter listings ONLY, the following criteria apply: the minimum age for parents of litters posted on the ESC website is 18 months at the time of whelping. Only ONE back-to-back litter per dam is allowed to be posted on the website. (Less than 10 months between litters defines a BTB litter). A breeder is allowed a limit of three listings per calendar year. All litter listings will include the dates of the previous litters from the dam.
- I will comply with state laws regarding the age at which puppies are allowed to leave their dam.
- I will maintain written records of all my breeding dogs including health records, breeding dates and litters, during their lifetime. I will keep a record of names and contact information of all puppy buyers (recorded at the time of purchase). I will provide the results of all diagnoses of any hereditary problems
to the puppy buyers whose dogs might be affected.
- I will register my breeding dogs and all litters with the ESCR.
- I will not knowingly sell or donate dogs to commercial dog wholesalers, dealers, brokers, retailers, pet shops, or any other person or organization for resale or to be given away to any public fundraising event. Nor will I sell on any public property (store parking lots, intersections, dog parks, etc.).
- I will not speak falsehoods or misrepresent the ESC or other breeders.
- I will comply with all federal, state or provincial, and local government laws and regulations concerning the keeping of dogs.
- I understand that I must be a member for one full year before being eligible to be listed as a breeder with the ESC.
- If breeding more than one breed, I will disclose the breeds I have and will not intentionally create a “designer” breed using English Shepherds. (A designer breed is defined as any dog created solely for the purpose of aesthetics and appearances. )